Thursday, February 19, 2009

The reviews are in!

Our latest high school screenwriting workshop was a success, with numerous scripts being "produced" in class by live actors. So what did our budding writers think?

"I learned a lot and I actually like scriptwriting more than story telling. Now I know the basic structure of films and how stories are put together".

"Giving students more time would actually improve the writing process of the workshop".

"The jokes were extremely funny and that's what I enjoyed most".

"It really benefited me because if I ever want to consider writing screenplays as a career, I know how to start and where to go".

"I learned that I can actually be creative and write my own story. It brought out the creativity I never knew I had".

"Make the workshop longer so we can concentrate on creating better scripts".

"I now know what goes into scripts".

"I learned that writers can make lots of money".

"The workshop helped me understand what happens in films. Like the beginning, middle, climax, twist, act 1, act 2, act 3, conflicts between characters, and more".

"I would like to know more about the process of getting paid".

"I truly loved everything. I wish there could have been more time! What I liked most about the workshop was that I had a chance to write a story and have people appreciate it".

No comments: