Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Quotes from Academy of Recording Arts, Hawthorne

“I was initially nervous that writing a screenplay in two weeks would be a daunting task, yet my students were motivated by Monique’s level of expertise and high expectations.” - Nimat Jones, English Advisor

“As an educator I was impressed by Monique’s ability to enhance the traditional English curriculum through screenwriting, and to build a positive community within the classroom and school by encouraging students to share their work and by bringing professional actors to perform the students’ scripts.” - Nimat Jones, English Advisor

“I thought the program was fun and educational.” – Carina Meza, Student

“The program showed me something new. Now I want to write and direct my own films.” - Travon Clark, Student

“After I completed the program, I constantly thought about how t.v. shows and movies are made. Now I am very interested in a career in cinematography.” - Nnaji Singleton, Student

“As a film teacher at the Academy of Recording Arts I found the program to supplement my own lesson plans. The program provided our students with the fundamentals of screenwriting within a matter of weeks. We need more effective programs such as this.”
- Jewel Love, Director of Film Production

No comments: